Enter the #TurboTaxAndRelax Sweepstakes!
A few things you should do by the April 18th tax filing deadline:
- File your taxes
- Enter our #TurboTaxAndRelax sweepstakes for a chance to win $10,000
You read that right, one grand prize winner will receive TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!
In addition, three first prize winners will receive $5,000. Six Second Prize winners will receive $2,500, and ten Third Prize winners will receive $1,000 each.
Few things beat that taxes-filed-it’s-time-to-relax feeling, and we’re giving away a total of $50K to make it even better!
However you like to relax – whether you love sipping on espresso martinis with your bestie or going on a serene Spring getaway – show us in a video on Twitter or Instagram for a chance at the grand prize.
How to enter on Twitter:
- Follow @TurboTax on Twitter
- Tweet a video of yourself showing us how you like to relax
- Include the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes
- Tag @TurboTax
How to enter on Instagram:
- Follow @TurboTax on Instagram
- Post a video of yourself showing us how you like to relax
- Include the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes
- Tag @TurboTax
Keep reading for the full sweepstakes details and official rules
And don’t forget that time is running out to get your taxes done. Get started with TurboTax and get those taxes done!
TurboTax #TurboTaxAndRelax Giveaway (“Promotion”)
OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU MUST HAVE INTERNET ACCESS, A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS, INSTAGRAM AND/OR A TWITTER ACCOUNT TO PARTICIPATE. ELIGIBILITY: PROMOTION OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES, THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE (OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THE JURISDICTION OF THEIR RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. By participating in the promotion, you are providing your information to Intuit, Inc. not to Instagram or Twitter.
- Sponsor: Intuit, Inc. 2700 Coast Ave, Mountain View, CA 94043 (“Sponsor”).
- Administrator: Probability LLC, 2 Woodstock Meadows Ln, PO Box 1484, Woodstock, NY 12498(“Administrator”).
- Eligibility: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C. who are at least eighteen (18) years of age (or age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older). Any individuals (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within the past six (6) months, performed services for Sponsor, Administrator, Telescope, Inc., any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising, or promoting the Promotion (including prize suppliers) and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated, and successor companies (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to participate. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
- Promotion Schedule: The Promotion begins on or about 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on Friday, April 8, 2022 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Monday, April 18, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for this Promotion.
- Promotion Entry:
There are two (2) ways to enter the Promotion: (1) via Twitter and (2) via Instagram.
(1) Entry via Twitter:
Entrants may enter via Twitter as follows:
(i) Follow Sponsor on Twitter (@TurboTax)
(ii) Send a Tweet (“Tweet”) that includes a video of yourself relaxing after checking taxes off your to-do list with the hashtags “#TurboTaxAndRelax” and “#Sweepstakes” (each a “Promotion Hashtag” and collectively the “Promotion Hashtags”) and tag @TurboTax. Hashtags are not case-sensitive.
You may include an additional comment (e.g., caption to video) as part of your Tweet, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of a comment in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do add a comment, all uses of the word “Tweet” in these Rules (as used in conjunction with entries) includes the accompanying comment as well.
If you do not have a Twitter account, you can visit https://twitter.com/ or download the Twitter app on a compatible device from the iTunes App Store or Google Play and create a Twitter account according to the instructions on the website/app. Creating a Twitter account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account.
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET ALONG WITH THE HASHTAGS #TURBOTAXANDRELAX AND #SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE RULES (DO NOT SUBMIT A TWEET WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE RULES).
Your tweet along with your video and the Promotion Hashtags and tagging @TurboTax will constitute your entry into this Promotion (“Entry”).
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., tweeting without the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes; tweeting the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes without tagging and following @TurboTax will NOT BE ACCEPTED. In addition, entry will not be accepted if a video is not contained therein.
Tweet must be created for the sole purpose of this Promotion and must be posted by the entrant. To be eligible for the Promotion, Tweets must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Twitter.
(2) Entry via Instagram:
Entrants may enter via Instagram as follows:
(i) Follow Sponsor on Instagram (@TurboTax)
(ii) Post a video of yourself relaxing after checking taxes off your to-do list with the Promotion Hashtags and tag @TurboTax (“Post”). Hashtags are not case-sensitive.
You may include an additional comment (e.g., caption to video) as part of your Post, but this is not required, nor will the inclusion of a comment in any way enhance your odds of winning a prize. If you do add a comment, all uses of the word “Post” in these Rules (as used in conjunction with entries) includes the accompanying comment as well.
BY SUBMITTING A POST ALONG WITH THE HASHTAGS #TURBOTAXANDRELAX AND #SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND FULLY AGREE TO THESE RULES (DO NOT SUBMIT A POST WITHOUT FIRST REVIEWING THESE RULES).
Your Post along with your video and the Promotion Hashtags and tagging @TurboTax will constitute your Entry into this Promotion.
Partial or incomplete/piecemeal submissions (e.g., posting without the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes; posting the hashtags #TurboTaxAndRelax and #Sweepstakes without tagging and following @TurboTax) will NOT BE ACCEPTED. In addition, entry will not be accepted if a video is not contained therein.
Post must be created for the sole purpose of this Promotion and must be posted by the entrant. To be eligible for the Promotion, Posts must be submitted in compliance with the format and other requirements set forth by Instagram.
Once submitted, Entry becomes the sole property of Sponsor (subject only to the rights of Twitter/Instagram) and cannot be modified by entrant. By submitting a Tweet/Post, entrant gives permission (and warrants and represents that he/she has obtained all rights necessary to give such permission and grant the license herein described) to Sponsor and its designees and hereby grants Sponsor and its designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide, sub-licensable, non-exclusive license (herein “License”) to use entrant’s names, likenesses, any additional comments and all other information about the entrant contained in the Tweet/Post on any media and through any means now known or hereafter devised, including without limitation, the World Wide Web, and to otherwise use entrant’s names, likenesses, any additional comments and all other information about entrant in the Tweet/Post, and make derivative works therefrom, without compensation, notice, review or approval for any and all purposes including, without limitation, the advertising, promotion, and publicity of the Promotion, Sponsor’s and/or its designees’ products and services, and as otherwise solely determined by Sponsor and/or its designees. Such License will be confirmed by potential winner upon Sponsor’s/its designees’ request and potential winner agrees to timely complete, sign and deliver any and all necessary documents, including without limitation, documents setting forth any licenses, releases and indemnities that Sponsor and its designees in their sole discretion may require, without condition or compensation of any kind. Sponsor’s failure to receive all documentation from all individuals within the prescribed timeframe, in each instance as required by Sponsor in its sole discretion, may result in the disqualification of the Entry.
A person may participate once per social media platform (i.e., Twitter and Instagram) for a maximum of two (2) chances to win per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple Entries in violation of the preceding limitations and/or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of, as appropriate, by such person/Twitter/Instagram account. Entries must be manually key-stroked by the entrant; use of automated entry devices or programs, or entries by third parties by any method of entry, are prohibited. Entries that do not conform to or that violate these Rules or are submitted in any manner other than stated in these Rules will be disqualified. Sponsor and Administrator will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All Entries must be submitted via Tweet on Twitter or Post on Instagram in their entirety prior to expiration of Promotion Period. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to these Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor/Administrator, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Promotion.
If you opt to access Twitter/Instagram via your wireless mobile device (only available via participating wireless carriers), data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless Internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers’ rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Promotion. Mobile device service may not be available in all areas. Check your phone’s capabilities for specific instructions.
- Content Guidelines: In addition to complying with all other requirements of these Rules, Twitter or Instagram (as appropriate), each Entry must not contain any content that violates third party rights or is profane, obscene, disparaging or is otherwise inappropriate, objectionable, or unsuitable for the uses contemplated in these Rules, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion. By way of example only, video of entrant should NOT include any content (a) with logos/trademarks/designs of third party brands/products/services; (b) which demeans, denigrates or insults another person because of his/her race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, ethnicity or any other form of hate speech; (c) which is pornographic or sexually suggestive; (d) which advocates or depicts violence, alcohol or drug use, animal cruelty or any illegal conduct; (e) is not truthful or relevant to the Promotion theme; (f) with personal information regarding entrant or any other individual (e.g., e-mail address, phone number, street address, Social Security Number or Tax Identification Number); (g) that reflects negatively on or adversely affects the business reputation and goodwill of Promotion Entities (including but not limited to any content which may be interpreted as being seditious). Any Entry with such unacceptable content shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
If an Entry cannot be viewed and/or accessed by Sponsor/Administrator for any reason, such Entry shall be disqualified without any fault or liability of the Released Parties, as defined below.
- RANDOM DRAWING/SELECTION OF WINNERS/ODDS/WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winners will be selected via a random drawing on or about one business day following the Promotion Period end date from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. For the avoidance of doubt, if an Entry is otherwise in compliance with these Rules (including but not limited to the Content Guidelines in Section 6 above), the content of the Entry will NOT be taken into account in the winner selection process. Random drawing will be conducted by Probability LLC, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Promotion.
Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
Winners will be notified by direct or private message by TurboTax (@TurboTax on Instagram, @TurboTax on Twitter [as applicable]) approximately one (1) business day following the end of the Promotion Period. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram/Twitter notification settings are turned on; it is your sole responsibility to configuring your Instagram/Twitter privacy settings so that you are able to receive a direct message from Sponsor. The initial verification notice will request that each potential winner email the Administrator at a specific email address with specific personal information (e.g., full name, address, phone number, date of birth, username used to enter the Promotion) within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent. Failure to respond to the initial verification notice within twenty-four (24) hours after the notice is sent with all required information will result in disqualification. Potential winners will be required to sign and return, within three (3) business days of request by Administrator, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, a Publicity Release where allowed by law and W-9 Form (“Winner Documents”). If the completed Winner Documents are not returned by a potential winner to Sponsor within the specified time period, the potential winner may be disqualified. If any potential winner is disqualified for any reason, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, the entrant will forfeit his/her status as a winner, without compensation of any kind and the prize may be awarded to alternate winner selected from all remaining non-winning eligible entries received during the Promotion Period.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized account holder of the e-mail account corresponding to the Instagram/Twitter account used in the applicable entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address and he/she must fully comply with these Rules.
- Prizes, Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (One  Winner): Grand Prize winner will receive $10,000 cash to be awarded in the form of a check in the name of the winner. ARV: $10,000.00.
First Prize (Three  Winners): Each First Prize winner will receive $5,000.00 cash to be awarded in the form of a check in the name of the winner. ARV: $5,000.00 each.
Second Prize (Six  Winners): Each Second Prize winner will receive $2,500.00 cash to be awarded in the form of a check in the name of the winner. ARV: $2,500.00 each.
Third Prize (Ten  Winners): Each Third Prize winner will receive $1,000.00 cash to be awarded in the form of a check in the name of the winner. ARV: $1,000.00 each.
Total ARV of all prizes is: $50,000.00
Limit of one (1) prize per person/address/family/household. Allow up to 6-8 weeks for receipt of prize. Prizes are not transferable. All federal, state, local and other taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner. Winner will be required to sign an IRS Form 1099 and winner’s receipt of prize will be reported to the Internal Revenue Service as per applicable law.
- General Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating in this Promotion, entrants, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Promotion Entities, as well as each of their respective officers, directors, employees, independent contractors, agents and representatives and each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, as well as Twitter Inc and Meta Platforms, Inc. (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage of any kind (including but not limited to death) arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, from participation in this Promotion and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of prize. By accepting the prize, winner grants Sponsor/Administrator and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, entry (Tweet or Post), photograph, prize information and biographical data on a winners’ list and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor/Administrator and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor’s/Administrator’s sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Promotion subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind affecting the Promotion in any manner, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software (This includes but is not limited to filtering by [or other operation of] the technology of Twitter and/or Instagram.) The foregoing also includes any malfunction/error/failure deemed by Sponsor/Administrator in its sole discretion to impact the availability or accessibility of the Promotion Tweet/Promotion Post on either Twitter or Instagram respectively, Tweets or Posts submitted by entrants or the transmission or receipt of winner notifications/prizes. If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned (in whole or in part), including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion (including entries or otherwise), Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right (to the extent feasible) to conduct the Promotion and award the prizes in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Promotion will be posted on the TurboTax (@TurboTax) Twitter and Instagram accounts. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Promotion Posts/Promotion Tweets, entries or winner notifications; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry or participation to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to any person’s computer or wireless mobile device related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Promotion. Failure of Sponsor/ Administrator to enforce any provision of these Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision.
Persons participating in the Promotion further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Promotion and/or prevent others from participating in the Promotion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR PLATFORM OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION OR TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE PROMOTION VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PERSON, WHETHER OR NOT THE INDIVIDUAL IS A PARTICIPANT IN THE PROMOTION, MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- Governing Law/Jurisdiction: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules or the rights and obligations of participants or Intuit in connection with the Promotion shall be governed by the laws of the state of California, without giving any effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be resolved in a court of law in Santa Clara County, California.
- Winners’ List: For the names of Winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #TurboTaxAndRelax Giveaway, c/o Probability, PO Box 1559, Social Circle, GA 30025-1559. All such requests must be received by May 20, 2022.